Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Nizo 6080 aperture opening during time-lapse?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fandini's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey all,

    Been a long time since I have posted here. Hope everyone has been doing well and shooting lots of film.

    Anyway; I have recently been experimenting with the time-lapse settings on my Nizo 6080 and I noticed that the aperature creeps open slowly while it is running. This happens when I have the aperature set to Fix and Manual modes. Within about 5 seconds worth of frames the meter is completely open.

    Has anyone seen this before? Any advice?

    Dan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It could be the fade function annoyingly operating when you don't want it to. If the yellow light is on, that's your problem. Reset the fade in/out switch, and cover it so the button won't get pressed accidentally. That's my advice, anyway. Is that it?

    Lucas

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fandini's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought of that when it first happened but I have done some tests and I don't think that is it. Besides, the fade would be closing the aperture and not opening it all the way up. I was thinking of having the camera overhauled. I wonder if they might be able to fix this problem at that time.

    Actually, I was thinking of one of the time-lapse shots I did and I think it might look pretty cool with the aperature opening up during the shot.

    Thanks for the response.

    Dan

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Though I am an ardent 6080 fan, I must confess to having heard of very similar problems with 6080 meters in the past. These cameras aren't the most durable, and the light meter seems to be the most vulnerable part of them.
    Do a search into the archives, and you'll find others with almost the exact same complaint. I can suggest no other remedy than to take it to an expert.

    Good luck
    Lucas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •